Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Olympic Games
So typically I extremely dislike watching sports (or playing them for that matter), however the Olympic are a different matter. While I don’t enjoy every Olympic sport (Hockey) yes I know that I may be escorted out of Canada for having that opinion. But I may be able to stay for saying this, curling intrigues me. I believe that curling may Canadians second favourite sport. I believe this to be so because in the very small town we live in, which lacks a good deal of amenities, it does have its very own curling arena. Now I have never curled (if that is how one would say it) I don’t know the rules or really what one does to win a game. I've tried to watch it but it seem to me it’s a lot like bowling fun to play but not every fun to watch on TV. So when I say it intrigues me I don’t speak from experience, and anyone who knows me knows that I am not an athlete in any form and I don’t pretend to be. But curling seems like a sport that I could get into. Sweeping I can sweep I sweep every day (however their sweeping looks more like scrubbing) I think I could manage. Sliding down a lane on ice, again I slide from our porch to our carport on ice nearly everyday pushing along a kid or two. Yelling, they yell a lot, not really sure what they are saying all the time but I’ve got the yelling part down I just got to know what to yell. So the way I see it I’ve got the skills I just now have found the sport to put them to good use. Maybe one day, I’ll get a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha ha!! Rochelle, I agree... let's start a Mom's Curling League... I have no idea how to play the sport either, but I can yell, swipe and slide on ice. (I have the funniest episode of Corner Gas for you where they curl. I'll find it sometime and bring it to you, if you want it!)
And, as for hockey, totally agree. It's just a bunch of people with sticks chasing a black puck around on ice, and fighting. I don't see the fun! (And I'm Canadian!!)
You're hilarious! Great post. I never thought of it that way. Now that you mention it, I'll bet Curling was invented by a hairied mom who spent WAY too much time indoors one long, cold winter. Thanks for the laugh!
Seriously, I think you are on to something! I have never thought of curling like that either, but I am in agreement, only, I don't htink you can yell loud enough!
this cracked me up, I would say curling is in your future...did you see the curler who was five months pregnant? I have been thinking about you as I stay up late watching the olympics. Canada is gorgeous, but I'm with you on the hockey....boring. you can live in Canada and embrace most things but somethings just aren't that embracable!
Obviously, Canada missed out on their star curler. I'm lovin' the Olympics and we followed the path of the torch when it came your way.
Yeah Rochelle we can all see you doing that. Kaelen
we think you should be the coach for the Gulbranson Moms and buy them all some awesome pants like those sweeds i think. Hey you could even put your logo on them.
Post a Comment