Thursday, June 23, 2011

red-green deficient

We recently took Emma and Kael to the eye doctor to make sure they didn't need glasses with Kaelen's excessively bad eye sight we figured one of the kids would be in need of glasses at some point. To my surprise it wasn't Kaelen's genes that were the problem it was mine! Shocking I know! the Foxes aren't as prefect as we thought :) Anyway come to find out Kael is red- green deficient... Color Blind! Most common in boys and is inherited through the mothers genes (so dad, mom was right you are color blind)...1 out of 12 males are color blind ... go here to learn more and test yourself... It also explains why he often squints in bright sunlight the color blind are more sensitive to bright light.... 
 he told me, that the sun was hurting his eyes here...



5 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

well you can't have perfect feet AND perfect genes...it just wouldn't be fair. Ben squints all the time,makes me wonder...

Anonymous said...

Yep its true Dad is color blind with brown and green shades. Maybe Kael will become an artist.

Karli said...

Kael is so handsome and charming... what's a little color blindness? :)

Anna said...

What a great idea to get your kids in to the eye doctor early, before there were any obvious problems. This will make teaching Kael how to coordinate his clothing a little more tricky! I guess if I had to choose between needing glasses and color blindness, I would probably choose the latter. At least you won't have to worry about glasses getting lost, broken, or mangled (stuff we have to deal with for Liam, who has turned out to be more responsible about his glasses than I could have hoped for!).

Heather Coon said...

Why are her feet so perfect anyways carly?! They can't be any better than ours!

Glad his eyes are good other wise!